Just a twenty-something Socal gal living on a lil island in Japan.

Friday, June 15, 2012

Natural Love

I've been natural for quite sometime, but I keep going cray cray and cutting it. Soooo, not much growth. The end of senior year was probably the shortest I've ever had it. Since being in Japan, I've done the minimal with my hair. Braids, then fro, then braids, back to the fro. I've done twists-outs, braid-outs, curler styles, and comb twists. Lots of twists. Rainy season finally hit, so I'm keeping it in...guess what..twists! I've always wanted to do a natural hair journey  post. Here it is!


Hair Routine


I shampoo my hair once a week. Usually I just use conditioner, but I just bought an all natural shampoo and that's doing wonders! Now that the summer is almost here and the weather is getting humid(ugh), I two-strand twist my hair and keep those in for a week. I also put curlers to add a bit of shape. I try not to straighten or blow dry my hair too much. Pretty much a simple routine because I'm trying to grow out my hair. I learned the hard way that my hair will stay short( from breakage) if I keep doing crazy stuff to it. Oh and lots of hats...for those lazy days.

Product List

If I can't eat it, I don't use it. However, I break this rule for Shea Moisture products. I'm pretty sure if I ingested that by some freak accident, I'd still be okay. It's that natural.

Olive oil (Just add to my hair every other day for moisture and shine.)
Honey (I mix olive oil and honey for a deep condition.
Shea Butter
Shea Moisture Curl Enhancer
Shea Moisture Hold Mist Spray

(I LOVE Shea Moisture products! I just started using this line and it's wonderful. All natural and it smells so nice.)

Here's my Japan Natural Hair Journey! (Pictures taken via instagram).
                                                          








No comments:

Post a Comment