Just a twenty-something Socal gal living on a lil island in Japan.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Final Destination: Iki

I'm finally on Iki island! What a journey....

Let's start from the beginning...the very beginning.

Leave California for NYC at 6:30a.m. Arrive in NYC at 7:35p.m.

Pre-departure orientation for only an hour. -____- Got to meet up with my friends though!

Saturday July 23rd I leave at 4:15 a.m. for JFK airport and left for Japan at 8:30 a.m.

13 Hours later.......

Arrival in Tokyo, July 24th at 11:00 a.m.

In Tokyo for orientation till the 27th.

On the morning of the 27th I leave for Nagasaki Airport at 11am. However I had to wake up at 5:30am so I could check-out of my room and get breakfast. After that, we met with our prefecture group and left for Haneda airport.

Arrival in Nagasaki around 1pm. Maybe 2pm...it's all starting to become a blur.

Leave for Iki at 4:00 and arrived at 4:30pm.


I cannot even begin to describe how tired I felt. Somehow by the time I got to Iki I was still standing and looking damn good in my suit. Now I am settled in my new temporary apartment. The official apartment is still being renovated, so I'm in my predecessor's apartment until late September. I finally feel rested and I'll be having a little break until Monday.

Today, I learn how to drive stick-shift. Oh. boy.



No comments:

Post a Comment