Just a twenty-something Socal gal living on a lil island in Japan.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fukuoka: All You Can Drink

The only way to really capture the events of Fukuoka is just to list the events. No poetic descriptions of sunsets or vivid descriptions of actions taken place on the dance floor. To be quite honest, I'm still recovering from the weekend. I cannot promise that it'll be in any particular order because nomihodais (all you can drink) and pina coladas two nights in a row will certainly distort your memory.

And here we go....

The little Ikians leave for the big city of Hakata.

Arrival in Hakata. We our complelty surprised that restaurants are still opened at 10 pm. People are coming and going as if it's the morning.

Dinner at the Mexican restaurant. Awesome staff and great food. The pina colada was delicious and I felt compelled to splurge and buy two. And with some liquid courage, I then felt it necessary to flirt with the cute waiter.

Fubar with some awesome JETs. We meet a bartender from the UK who used to be a JET and he gave us free shots.

The Brazllian guy says I remind him of Brazil. Another guy, says I have "sista spirit." The Japanese guy thinks I'm kawaii(cute).

Fukuoka is just inflating my ego.


Stumble into the hostel around 4 am.

Sight seeing in Fukuoka.

Saw a bit of Noh theatre.

Rowing a boat. Zoe, Becky and I struggle to shore.

Went to the art museum. A women approached us and asked if one of the student artist could draw me and Zoe. The artist thought I was pretty.

Again...this place is just infalting the ego.

Shopping. Who spends 100,000 ($100) yen on books? This chick.

The club known as Happy Cock. All you can drink till 3:50 am. We got there around 11:30. Need I say more?

Come back around 6am.

Check out of the hotel at 11am. Ugh rough.

Walk around Hakata. GOT AN EPIC MASSAGE!!!

Watch a movie (20 bucks a person. smh!)

For some reason, I was very emotional for my second viewing of Harry Potter Part 2.

Leave for Iki on the ferry. Sit next to my some Iki neighbors, their kids, and some of my students and I'm still hungover.

And that was what I remember of Fukuoka.










No comments:

Post a Comment