Just a twenty-something Socal gal living on a lil island in Japan.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The High and the Low

I miss early morning chats with my Dad.

I miss bothering my parents while they're trying to sleep.

I miss Barnes and Nobles runs with my brother.

I miss intense conversations ranging from race to feminism and everything in between.

I miss people who know the works of Audre Lourde and Maya Angelou.

I miss calling my friends Kasama or Comrade.

I miss the pub sessions.

I miss salsa and bachatta.

I miss talking about the most random shit that you can only talk about with your friends.

I miss Haitian food.

I just miss Haitians, in general.

While I'm at it...I miss people of color.

I miss my baby goat and my dogs.

I miss...that guy.

I miss Mexican food.

I miss Caribbean accents.

I miss Fun Table and Biddies.

I miss Open Mic nights, plays and everything artistic....

As of now...the list can go and on. Trust me, I'm so happy to be here. I love my schools, the teachers I work with and the students. I love my community, but I'd be lying if I said everything is happy-go-lucky. I'm just a little homesick at the moment. With every high, there comes a low.
Such is life...yeah?


No comments:

Post a Comment