Just a twenty-something Socal gal living on a lil island in Japan.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Osaka! O,Osaka!

Last week, I went up to Osaka for a JETS of African Descent trip. Lemme tell yah! It was so wonderful to see all the different shades of brown and the different hairstyles and just be with people that looked like and understood where I was coming from. I could bring up race and it wasn't awkward! Yay!! Oh, I was a happy duck. I say it loud, I'm Black and I'm proud!

I took the Shinkansen for the first time and it does sort of feel like you're floating...very quickly. The ride was smooth and the days were chill. I made friends with a native Osakan who gave me and a friend free cookies that his wife baked, had AUH-MAZING Mexican food and as always partook in the Osaka nightlife.

I feel another trip to Osaka needs to be in the works...





No comments:

Post a Comment