Just a twenty-something Socal gal living on a lil island in Japan.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Impulse

Saturday evening I did something totally unexpected of me. Usually, I stress myself out between trying to be my own person and conforming with what is appropriate. On this particular evening, a bunch of went to the beach. It was a cloudy day and the sky looked as if it would unleash a flood at any moment, but we still ventured to the coastline.

And then it started to rain.

And not just a little light rain, but a torrential downpour! One of the guys that joined us ran out into the sea and started swimming. I looked at him as if he was craziest person alive. How could he do that? We all just stood under the porch of the beach bar and watched him swim. As the rain began to pour down harder, I was struck with the thought that I might have left my car window down. A friend of mine, offered to go check for me, but I ran out into the rain anyway. The good news, I didn't leave my windows down. -_____-

I ran back into the bar completely soaked. I looked at the guy having a good time in the water and I wondered why I was so afraid of the rain. I'm always running away from it, but I've never stood between sea and land and just let it rain on me. A friend of a friend was visiting. I told him that I feel like swimming in the rain and he expressed that he wanted to do the same. He changed into his swim wear and we ran into the ocean as a storm raged on (wasn't that bad of a storm, don't go cray cray on me). When the rain had settled, more friends joined in and we just chilled in the sea with the jellyfish. Some of us drank beer. And thus it was a good night.




And there is only one picture from this event and it wasn't taken by me, so when he uploads it, I'll post it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment